These are the January Update news:
- ICQ: I've finally decided to get ICQ... For those of you who
want to talk to me, here's my number: 62126968.
- PSX2: Sony is considering adding voice recognition to its
new system. This will only happen one or two years after
its release, but it'll be great! Just imagine.. yelling
orders at your wingmen in a game like X-Wing while you shoot
down some enemies. Or think how cool are those multiplayer
games going to be with the ability to talk. Not to mention
the RPGs... going around the streets and actually talk to
the NPCs. Anyway, these are just some of the possibilities...
let's see what will Sony do.
- Emulation: EmuSnes' webmaster mentioned my page on his News
section... I think it's fair if I do the same with his :).
go.to/emusnes if you want SNES related stuff (emulators,
- Diablo 2 delay: this game, which should had already been
released, has been delayed until 15th February. Let's see
if, this time, Blizzard can keep on schedule...
- 10000: ok, it happened a couple of days ago, but I've only noticed
it today... my page has passed the 10000 visitors barrier :).
- Time Adventure: from Konami, the creators of Suikoden, comes
one of the first RPGs to appear for PSX 2. The chapter-based
story begins with the hero's death. While dying, he hears a
voice telling him that he has the chance to change past and
thereby prevent his death. It's scheduled for release in mid 2000.
- University: my exams will start tomorrow... wish me luck!
- GameShop: I've added three new systems to my GameShop: Dreamcast,
Genesis and Gameboy. I've also placed tons of new games in the
other systems. I'm also planning to sell actions figures, videos
and posters from Pokemon, Dragonball and Final Fantasy. Consoles,
strategy guides and music CDs are also on my plans.
- Shenmue: this game's US release is scheduled for 4th February 2000.
It's being a hit in Japan and Sega expects the same reception in
America and Europe.
- 2000: first update of the new year! If you're able to see this, than
Xoom and your PC are Y2K compliant :).
- Final Fantasy 8: want to make a contribution for this game?
Well, take this chance! Here's what Eidos is looking for:
We are looking for people to help us test the PC version of
FF VIII. Have you played and completed FF VIII on PlayStation?
Can you answer these questions?
If so we'd like to hear from you. You should be local to our office in
Wimbledon, South West London and available during January 2000. If you'd like
to be considered then please email
with the answers to the above 3 questions, your name, address and contact
- What happens when all your characters enter the castle on disk 4?
- What do you gain when you go to the Shumi village?
- What do you need to access the GF (Doomtrain)?
- 2000: Happy new year, RPG fans!
- Manuals: ever wanted to read the manual from a ROM you've
downloaded? Lost the manual from your favourite RPG? Well,
with some luck you'll be able to find it at our new section!
At the moment we don't have many manuals, but hopefully this
situation will change soon. I'll try to convert some of the
original manuals I have and I'll also keep searching the web
for new ones. If you have any (or want to convert one) drop
me an e-mail!
- IRC: I've improved the "Join #rpg" section. You can now join
PTNet's #rpg through this page! There's no need to download
an IRC client, just use the web-based IRC I have available
on that section. Nevertheless, I've also improved the explanations
on how to join this channel using an IRC client (and even
instructions on how to get one), in case anyone prefers
to do so. Check it out and join PTNet's coolest channel!
You know something important that happened recently? Then
send it to me! If it's really important, I'll place it here!
Old Updates of this section are
available in the Archive.